Maybe it's the abundance of perfectly ripe fruit or those extra few hours in the day, but something about summer just makes ya want to make a crumble. Answer the call of the crumble with these Peach & Citrus Sunflower Gluten-Free Crumble Bars! You couldn't pack more sunshine-y ingredients into a picnic-perfect bar if you tried.
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- ⅓ cup of raw or toasted hulled sunflower seeds
- 1 egg (or sub flax egg)
- ⅓ cup of Yumbutter Sunflower Butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch
- 4 small peaches, chopped
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 clementines, peeled and chopped
- ½ inch knob of fresh ginger
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor, grind oats, sunflower seeds, and coconut sugar till a coarse meal, almost flour forms.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your egg (or flax egg), maple, grated ginger, and sunflower butter.
- Pour wet mixture on top of oat mix and stir with a spatula (you could even use your hands) till a dough forms and no more dry patches are left.
- Line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment.
- Mix together your peaches, clementines, arrowroot starch and pomegranate seeds with a fork.
- Press ⅔ of the dough into the dish till the entire base is covered, reserving the rest for your crumble.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover with fruit mix. Then crumble remaining dough over top of fruit. Top with extra seeds and pomegranate arils if desired.
- Bake bars for 14-16 minutes till crumble begins to crisp. Let cool, slice and enjoy!
❤️ via Hallie Sharpless / @spinachdaddy