You know it's a good day when it starts with donuts...but the sugar crash afterward can leave you feeling less than your best. These delicious vegan, gluten free donuts are made with real, wholesome ingredients and an extra hit of plant-based protein from Yumbutter Protein Almond Butter, but still taste like a treat.
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup sweet rice flour
- 2 tbsp natural cane sugar
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Salted almond butter glaze ingredients:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Yumbutter Protein Almond Butter
- 2-3 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Chopped nuts and seeds to garnish
- Grease donut pans and heat over to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, sweet rice flour, cane sugar, almond meal, coconut flour, ground flax, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, applesauce, oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry. Fold it together. Spoon batter into your donut pans.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. Remove donuts and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Dip cooled donuts into glaze and return to cooling rack. Press on chopped seeds and nuts if you want. Enjoy!